Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHALLENGE!

4 posters

:: Okami :: Okami :: Guild Chat

Go down

CHALLENGE! Empty CHALLENGE!

Post  Solent Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50 pm

No cheating on the questions (checking the internet)
I'll give the answers out probably tomorrow unless there's significant interest!

Warmup questions:

(a) What do cows drink?
(b) What do you put into a toaster?
(c) If a red house is made from red bricks, a blue one from blue bricks, what is a green house made from?

(1) Some months have 30 days, others 31. How many months have 28 days?

(2) If a doctor gives you three pills and tells you to take one every half hour, how long would it be before you run out?

(3) Divide 30 by a half then subtract 10. What do you get?

(4) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many does he have left?

(5) If you had only one match and you were to enter a Cold Dark room where there was an oil lamp, a candle and an oil heater, what yould you light first?

(6) A man builds a cuboid house with 4 walls having southern exposure. A bear walks by, What colour is it?

(7) How many species of each animal did moses take onto the arc?

(Cool Which medium would a steel ball travel faster in? A 25 degree concentration of water or a -5 degree concentration of water?

(9) A fishing boat is lying in the harbour. There is a rope ladder hanging over the side with its end touching the water. The rungs of the ladder are 1 metre apart and the tide is rising at 50 centimetres an hour. At the end of 6 hours, how many of the rungs will be covered?

(10) A man dressed all in black is walking down a country lane. Suddenly a large black car without any lights on comes round the corner and screeches to a halt. How did the driver know there was a man in the road?

Last edited by Solent on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Solent
Solent
Team Mabrox Member
Team Mabrox Member

Number of posts : 1507
Ki : 10219
Registration date : 2007-12-14

http://kamisama.tk

Back to top Go down

CHALLENGE! Empty Re: CHALLENGE!

Post  Mozillo Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Hmmm... A lot of those made no sense.... But then others I could work out and I just feared that they were actually incorrect because they were rather random....
Another good question is:
If a man was walking down a street and a bird jumped out in front of him. How many clouds were in the sky?
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down

Post  Solent Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:26 pm

dont be afraid, just type your answers and leave em here for everyones amusement XD

I would but i know the answers now haha.
Solent
Solent
Team Mabrox Member
Team Mabrox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:50 pm

Warmup questions:

(a) I'm guessing water.
(b) Bread
(c) green houses are made of glass.

(1) All of them have 28 days.

(2) An hour.

(3) 5 would probably be too obvious for a trick question...

(4) 9

(5) This one seems similar to that electric train one with the smoke... I'd say the oil would evaporate into the air, then lighting the match would cause the room to explode.

(6) White.

(7) 2

(Cool My guess is the -5 degree water, since cold water makes things expand; the steel ball would expand and theoretically weigh more.

(9) How many rungs were there to begin with? Do rope ladders even have rungs?

(10) It's day outside.
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Number of posts : 1901
Ki : 526
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Solent Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:11 am

Kamatari wrote:Warmup questions:

(a) I'm guessing water.
(b) Bread
(c) green houses are made of glass.

(1) All of them have 28 days.

(2) An hour.

(3) 5 would probably be too obvious for a trick question...

(4) 9

(5) This one seems similar to that electric train one with the smoke... I'd say the oil would evaporate into the air, then lighting the match would cause the room to explode.

(6) White.

(7) 2

(Cool My guess is the -5 degree water, since cold water makes things expand; the steel ball would expand and theoretically weigh more.

(9) How many rungs were there to begin with? Do rope ladders even have rungs?

(10) It's day outside.

5/10 for the proper questions: Rating = Not easily fooled but can be persuaded by convinceing individuals! Razz

Oh and no cheating by copying other peoples answers haha!
Solent
Solent
Team Mabrox Member
Team Mabrox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:46 am

a)water
B) bread)
c) glass

1)All of them (my old Maths teacher loved that one)
2) I would've gone with 1 hour 30 minutes.... seems smart.... unless you took a pill when you were given them inwhich it would be an hour....
3)I made 50... NO WAIT! Scratch that, increase by 50% which makes 75 minus the 10.... carry the one.... I make 65
4) 9 had to read that one twice >.<
5) a candle? I would imagine.... from my knowledge the oil stuff is burnt so it doesn't evaporate... plus it is cold.... but then again... why not just leave the cold dark room?
6)The walls aren't solid? So there is a big ol gap.... HOW THE HELL are we meant to know? What if it were and igloo? It would only have... 3..... but.... I will go with...... (polar bears aren't in the south) brown....
7)he took 1 species of each animal...?
Cool 25 Degree.... water freezes at 0 degrees (in england) thus making it impossible for the ball to travel quicker.... or at all
9)3?
10) day time?

also, the "not copying anyones answers" bit is going to be hard.... I mean.... how can you tell....
another one....
A plane crashes on the border of Wales and England. Where do they bury the survivors?
No Internets either...
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down

Post  Solent Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:37 am

Mozillo wrote:a)water
B) bread)
c) glass

1)All of them (my old Maths teacher loved that one)
2) I would've gone with 1 hour 30 minutes.... seems smart.... unless you took a pill when you were given them inwhich it would be an hour....
3)I made 50... NO WAIT! Scratch that, increase by 50% which makes 75 minus the 10.... carry the one.... I make 65
4) 9 had to read that one twice >.<
5) a candle? I would imagine.... from my knowledge the oil stuff is burnt so it doesn't evaporate... plus it is cold.... but then again... why not just leave the cold dark room?
6)The walls aren't solid? So there is a big ol gap.... HOW THE HELL are we meant to know? What if it were and igloo? It would only have... 3..... but.... I will go with...... (polar bears aren't in the south) brown....
7)he took 1 species of each animal...?
Cool 25 Degree.... water freezes at 0 degrees (in england) thus making it impossible for the ball to travel quicker.... or at all
9)3?
10) day time?

also, the "not copying anyones answers" bit is going to be hard.... I mean.... how can you tell....
another one....
A plane crashes on the border of Wales and England. Where do they bury the survivors?
No Internets either...

You don't bury the survivors Wink

Yea you're right, a bit impossible, so your Rating: 5/10 You're not easily fooled but can be persuaded by convincing individuals! Wink
Solent
Solent
Team Mabrox Member
Team Mabrox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:40 am

Here's a riddle you guys probably know:

What has a mouth, it never talks
It's always running, but never walks.

Yeah that survivor one is best given verbally.
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Number of posts : 1901
Ki : 526
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  WildGryphon Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:04 am

(a) What do cows drink?

Water

(b) What do you put into a toaster?

Bread

(c) If a red house is made from red bricks, a blue one from blue bricks, what is a green house made from?

Glass

(1) Some months have 30 days, others 31. How many months have 28 days?

All of them

(2) If a doctor gives you three pills and tells you to take one every half hour, how long would it be before you run out?

1 hour

(3) Divide 30 by a half then subtract 10. What do you get?

(4) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many does he have left?

(5) If you had only one match and you were to enter a Cold Dark room where there was an oil lamp, a candle and an oil heater, what yould you light first?

The match

(6) A man builds a cuboid house with 4 walls having southern exposure. A bear walks by, What colour is it?

White

(7) How many species of each animal did moses take onto the arc?

Moses/Arc??? Does not compute
(Noah and the arc)

(8)Which medium would a steel ball travel faster in? A 25 degree concentration of water or a -5 degree concentration of water?

25 degree

(9) A fishing boat is lying in the harbour. There is a rope ladder hanging over the side with its end touching the water. The rungs of the ladder are 1 metre apart and the tide is rising at 50 centimetres an hour. At the end of 6 hours, how many of the rungs will be covered?

(10) A man dressed all in black is walking down a country lane. Suddenly a large black car without any lights on comes round the corner and screeches to a halt. How did the driver know there was a man in the road?

'Twas during the day
WildGryphon
WildGryphon
Hero

Number of posts : 190
Ki : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down