Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uninvited Guest Party quest (the halloween one)

2 posters

:: Okami :: MapleStory :: Guides :: General

Go down

Uninvited Guest Party quest (the halloween one) Empty Uninvited Guest Party quest (the halloween one)

Post  Mozillo Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:18 am

f you don't know what that is, it's the PQ from the KMS/MSEA mansion. There's been some speculation that we might get it so I went to MSEA and figured it out. I had done it in KMS before but I didn't really know what was going on.

Anyway, first things first. The PQ is for a party of 4. Levels and classes are irrelevant both in terms of member usefulness and who can get in. It gives no EXP but I'll cover the real prizes at the end. With your party of 4, click on Edmunds to enter. You have 10 minutes to complete the whole thing.

Inside, Edmunds will explain:
Click here to see full text

Though there are 4 "Jump quest" areas, you don't need to do them all. In fact, the farthest one to the right isn't even a jumping area at all; it's just a direct rope up to the top of the map. At the top is a fake Loki Box. Destroy it and attempt to head through the portal. If it works, go on through. If not, go down and try a different one. Once through, you'll be dumped at the top of the map, where you can either rendezvous with your party members coming from other JQs or go on on your own.
A Jump Quest in the First room

On to room 2:

The second room is quite simple. Run down the hallway holding the up arrow. The up arrow will trigger Mirror Ghosts to attack. Don't get hit by them, or you'll be sent back to the center. As long as you don't stop, there won't be a problem, so just keep going. Eventually, one of the Mirrors will drop a Mirror Piece instead of spawning a ghost. Take the piece and press up on the portal. If you are far from the center, it won't hurt to use those mirror ghosts to your advantage to get back quickly. Anyone can go on to the next stage, not just the leader.

Room 3:

In the third, and final, room, talk to Edmunds again. You will remain here until all your time is consumed. For this reason, it's essential to get through the first two as fast as possible. Talk to Edmunds and take his middle option to get 50 pouches. Set these to a hotkey; it's monster catching time! Go up to the Transparent ghosts all around the area and attack them. They can't be hit by skills, so use regular attacks. You will deal 5 damage to them with every strike, no matter what. Once you get it under half HP, use the pouch to catch the ghost. (It's just like Ariant Coliseum.) After all your pouches are consumed, you can get more from Edmunds.

Exit room
Once your time runs out, you'll come here. Hand over your ghost pouches to Edmunds for a random prize. So far, I've only gotten 10 Sniper Potions, 1 Wisdom Crystal Ore, 10 unagi, 10 white pots, 10 Ice Cream Sundaes, and 1 Dex Crystal Ore. Not looking so great. The important part, however, is the second option:

As near as I can tell, you get 1 point for every 10 Ghost Pouches you've turned in. It rounds down, as well. 43 pouches only counts for 4 points, for example. The Masked Gentleman's hat is, obviously, the hat that the Masked Gentleman wears.
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down

Uninvited Guest Party quest (the halloween one) Empty Re: Uninvited Guest Party quest (the halloween one)

Post  Kamatari Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:01 am

So, basically it's similar to Ariant quest by the way you have to collect things to get points so you can get some special prize? Is it at least not as boring?
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Number of posts : 1901
Ki : 526
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Uninvited Guest Party quest (the halloween one) Empty Re: Uninvited Guest Party quest (the halloween one)

Post  Mozillo Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:08 am

it is shorter.... MUCH shorter and you don't get the frustration of getting loads then being blown up...
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:32 pm

I didn't really understand the point of blowing each other up... although it made one pq fun with my dad cuz he would randomly go over to where I was and try to blow me up. Half the time it back-fired though!!!
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:53 pm

I hated it when that happened... which was like all the time... apart from this one time which everyone said I was an expert bomber... the problem is i think the explosion time is different each time... and people who were closer to it than me didn't get hit o.o ... but that gets annoying when I have the slightest of lag... then i get blown up by bombs i could not see... and the problem is... i had lag most times...

Oh and I got the hat from the thing i mentioned above...
Stats
+4 in Luk, str, dex and int
Lasts 1 week

I honestly think that maple want to make sure no one can have any event items to keep...
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:09 am

lol and any you might want to sell cuz of its uselessness they make untradable.
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down