Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Huntsman!!

5 posters

:: Okami :: Okami :: Guild Chat

Go down

The Huntsman!! Empty The Huntsman!!

Post  WindDrake Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:11 am

Anyone else here ever watch the show that this is from.. obviously kev and rob have but wanna know if anyone else recognises it =D

WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Number of posts : 1166
Ki : 574
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

The Huntsman!! Empty Re: The Huntsman!!

Post  Kamatari Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:03 am

It's Animaniacs, right?
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Number of posts : 1901
Ki : 526
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Whillikers Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:24 am

Oh....my....god....

CRIPPLING NOSTALGIA!
Whillikers
Whillikers
Jesus

Number of posts : 2327
Ki : 944
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://applejuicer.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:35 am

Kamatari wrote:It's Animaniacs, right?

Well during freakazoid to be exact
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:50 pm

oh, haha!!!

I barely remember freakazoid... but I still remember part of the theme xD
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheepkilla Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:12 pm

No, I believe I haven't.
Maybe if I was a lil older >.<
Sheepkilla
Sheepkilla
MUDKIP, I CHOOSE YOU

Number of posts : 1010
Ki : 926
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 am

I was FARRRr to young at that sort of time to remember any of it properly. I know some of the theme of freekazoid, and when I see him, I know who it is. So i'm old enough to sort of remember it, but not old enough to have proper memories... unlike my brother who has told me a few times that I should remember it.
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down

Post  Whillikers Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:37 pm

I remember it Chris, and I'm not all that much older than you!
Whillikers
Whillikers
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheepkilla Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Don't forget that America like screwed up our cartoons way too fast...
Sheepkilla
Sheepkilla
MUDKIP, I CHOOSE YOU

Back to top Go down

Post  Whillikers Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:43 pm

.............what?
Whillikers
Whillikers
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Whillikers wrote:.............what?

my thoughts exactly
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheepkilla Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:06 pm

I mean, you guys have better cartoons than Americans.
Sheepkilla
Sheepkilla
MUDKIP, I CHOOSE YOU

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Sheepkilla wrote:I mean, you guys have better cartoons than Americans.

I dont really watch new cartoons anymore (apart from family guy, the simpsons, futurama and south park) But I dont think the cartoons made over here are any better than the ones made in america. Cartoons these days suck balls. Not like in the old wacky days of cartoons.
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Kev, a year is still quite some time in cartoon years... and you are, like a year older than me.
Ryan, you fail to realise that basically, ALL the cartoons we got in those days were American cartoons, what with the channels giving the cartoons being Cartoon Network as well as Nickelodeon, both being American Companies.
This means that if there is a change in America, there would most likely be a change in England. What with them being the same companies. America is slightly more lenient in cartoons, I'd say...
I think with your statement you were saying... that Cartoons in America got changed WAAAAAAAAAAAY before they did in England, on the basis that you don't remember... When you fail to realise you're like 12... giving a large gap in the years. Bethany wont remember because I doubt she watched them, what with Cartoons in those days... somewhat Un-PC. as well as people thinking that cartoons made Kids sit in corners and foam at the corners of their mouths. Or something.

Or something like that.

I recently had a conversation with someone when we were talking about how messed up cartoons were back in the day. Like the Power Puff Girls, with Him, the perverted demon man wearing a tutu, had claws for hands and had a creepy voice where he said "Hello Girlsssssss... mmm". The cartoon where occasionally you'll get a shot of blood splurting across the screen. Or Cow & Chicken, with the creepy Devil, who had quite the arse on show...

Or something like that.
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:34 pm

Mozillo wrote:Kev, a year is still quite some time in cartoon years... and you are, like a year older than me.
Ryan, you fail to realise that basically, ALL the cartoons we got in those days were American cartoons, what with the channels giving the cartoons being Cartoon Network as well as Nickelodeon, both being American Companies.
This means that if there is a change in America, there would most likely be a change in England. What with them being the same companies. America is slightly more lenient in cartoons, I'd say...
I think with your statement you were saying... that Cartoons in America got changed WAAAAAAAAAAAY before they did in England, on the basis that you don't remember... When you fail to realise you're like 12... giving a large gap in the years. Bethany wont remember because I doubt she watched them, what with Cartoons in those days... somewhat Un-PC. as well as people thinking that cartoons made Kids sit in corners and foam at the corners of their mouths. Or something.

Or something like that.

PFFFT you have no idea how often I watched cartoons!!! I remember most of them like, Powerpuff girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog... There's an easier way to show you. I can name almost every single cartoon shown in this video:

The only ones I never saw are:
Robot jones at 2:51, I saw comercials about it, but never watched it.
Rocky & Bulwinkle at 4:22
Top Cat at 4:25
and the show at 4:55 I've never seen or heard of, but it looks like something I would have watched.

So technically, there's only one show I couldn't name. Man those shows were the freakin GLORY days of cartoons. And people can't blame the violence of nowadays on them cuz the oldest kids who watched them are only roughly 25. Most 25 year old people wouldn't have children, nonetheless children that are older.

My favorites were the Powerpuff girls *still has Blossom pillow (although Buttercup was my fav char)*, Courage the Cowardly dog, Ed, Eddn' Eddy, and I loved a lot of shows on Toonami. OUTLAW STARRRRRRRRR Rurouni Kenshin.... DBZ!!! Even though I wasn't old enough to understand what was going on (except DBZ of course), they were so awesome!!!
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheepkilla Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:15 am

Mozillo wrote:Kev, a year is still quite some time in cartoon years... and you are, like a year older than me.

Or something like that.

I recently had a conversation with someone when we were talking about how messed up cartoons were back in the day. Like the Power Puff Girls, with Him, the perverted demon man wearing a tutu, had claws for hands and had a creepy voice where he said "Hello Girlsssssss... mmm". The cartoon where occasionally you'll get a shot of blood splurting across the screen. Or Cow & Chicken, with the creepy Devil, who had quite the arse on show...

Or something like that.

Yes, it was exactly as you said.
Sheepkilla
Sheepkilla
MUDKIP, I CHOOSE YOU

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Kamatari wrote:
PFFFT you have no idea how often I watched cartoons!!! I remember most of them like, Powerpuff girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog... There's an easier way to show you. I can name almost every single cartoon shown in this video:

The only ones I never saw are:
Robot jones at 2:51, I saw comercials about it, but never watched it.
Rocky & Bulwinkle at 4:22
Top Cat at 4:25
and the show at 4:55 I've never seen or heard of, but it looks like something I would have watched.

So technically, there's only one show I couldn't name. Man those shows were the freakin GLORY days of cartoons. And people can't blame the violence of nowadays on them cuz the oldest kids who watched them are only roughly 25. Most 25 year old people wouldn't have children, nonetheless children that are older.

My favorites were the Powerpuff girls *still has Blossom pillow (although Buttercup was my fav char)*, Courage the Cowardly dog, Ed, Eddn' Eddy, and I loved a lot of shows on Toonami. OUTLAW STARRRRRRRRR Rurouni Kenshin.... DBZ!!! Even though I wasn't old enough to understand what was going on (except DBZ of course), they were so awesome!!!

Dammit I miss those shows, not trying to sound like a nostalgic old man but they really dont make em like they used to, I caught some episodes of those shows it mentions at the start and I agree that they are terrible. But the old shows were pure awesomeness and got away with things you could never get away with these days, my ma used to hate when we'd watch cow and chicken or ren and stimpy or something else equally mad, i think there must have been a lot of jokes that we missed as kids would be fun to watch them again to see what kind of adult jokes we missed.

I mean just look at this for a childrens cartoon

But thats not to say that shows these days dont have jokes or innuendo like that but usually its on things like family guy and south park where the target audience are adults.
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

HOW THE FUCK HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN TOP CAT?!

Also, Hong Kong Phooey? (Or however it's spelled) The story of an ordinary dog who worked as a janitor by day.... but suddenly (by day) he jumps into a filing cabinet and out jumps the mysterious Kung-Fu Master! HONG KONG PHOOEY! ... that was a dog looking like thing....
I know that England missed out on a lot of the American Cartoons, pour example, I don't think we ever got Rocky 'n' Bulwinkle... However.... Wacky Races? Eh? Where somehow Dick Dastardly got into the front of the race ALL the time, but stopped to put an elaborate trap out that ended up with him losing to Penelope Pitstop. Or... Catch The Pigeon? About Dick Dastardly and Mutly who are now on an airplane thingy where the elusive pigeon would outwit them (not sure if it was Dick Dastardly... it had Mutly and some guy who wore brown and had his hat over his eyes and made lots of weird noises)
The days where you could shoot someone clear in the face, and you'd get away with it... not like today where just pointing a gun at a child's face gets the episode banned *COUGH* Pokemon *COUGH* or where giving a man breasts for half an episode would be acceptable and not cause the entire episode to be changed *COUGH* Pokemon *COUGH*... or when you'd look forward to getting seizures from your favorite cartoons.
Johny Bravo and his weird chops before he dashed off the side of the screen. Probably some others...
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Top Cat was never on, I don't think. It was never on when I was watching tv, or it didn't have a good timeslot. If it wasn't something like CCD, PPG, C&C, & EE'nE, or toonami, then I more than likely wouldn't have watched it.

The amount of time that I now spend on the computer is how much time I spent watching CN when the good shows were on.
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Whillikers Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:59 am

Angry Beavers!
Whillikers
Whillikers
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:11 am

OMG! AB! (Yeah, I can do that as well and no one really knows (despite it obviously being Angry Beavers (LOL! BEAVER!!!!))))))))))))

A show I loved was Invader Zim, some say that show was MESSED UP! But I watched it loads and I turned out TV.
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Whillikers Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:15 am

I can't tell if you meant that or not......
Whillikers
Whillikers
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:00 pm

My great aunt and my second cousins told me about Invader Zim, but I never got into it. The ONLY show I watched Nickolodeon for was uh, that one show where the 3-5 people had to guess words, and the words made a phrase that described what a kid or a kid's pet could do. If they did something special, then slime was dumped on them. I used to LOVE that show!!! There was one other one as well, but I don't remember it. And no, it wasn't spongebob shitpants.
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:03 pm

It's squarepants Bethany.
Spongebob Squarepants is one of the better shows of the current TV shows. It has gotten worse with the later episodes, but you still get some episodes that are quite good.
Fairly Odd Parents was also a favorite of mine... Recently I've been piqued by Chowder, which is okay... if not only for Schnitzel, just cause of the way he talks... the man boobs are creepy. The other one is also The Marvelous Misadventures of..... (that's all my Sky box shows, I guess it's Flapjack as the character is called that). These two shows tried to live to fill the void that was The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, originally Grim & Evil. This was one of those shows that was so fun to watch just because it was so fucking Mind BENDING! It was one of the things that was quite creepy, for example... the Episode with the Tricycle that beats everyone up who bad mouths it and stuff, with the creepy black kid.... and the Raven in the chair wearing the night grown thing (Probably as a slight hint to Quoth the Raven) which screamed "THE END!!!!!!!!!!!" at you with close ups and what not. These two shows I mentioned at the start of this paragraph try to live up to it by being quite creepy. They switch between Cartoons to puppets (either hand, paper etc) to sort of throw you off. I think The Misadventures of Flapjack do this better because the eyes of Flapjack are quite creepy and there's this guy with his Candy Wife, who he keeps saying, it then cuts to a woman made of candy, but it looks like a sort of real life thing...
Unfortunately the misadventures of bloody-long-show-name is only on fairly late in the day (like 4pm/5pm) where other people need the TV... apparently....
I'm not saying that all TV now is great... a lot of it is quite bad... and a somewhat attempt to force American Culture on us... for example... Ben 10... Big in America, REALLY big... not so much here... It's on ALL FUCKING DAY on CN. Then there's all these HORRIBLE Superhero Cartoons. CN fails to realise that Comic Books aren't big in the UK, otherwise the shops wouldn't be out of the way and only visited by kids 16-40+. Sure it's an attempt to get them introduced... but a better way is to have better cartoons... not (for example) Batman The Brave and The Bold. ... or Superhero Squad... where everyone looks retarded. The Batman, and Batman: The Animated Series were works of Art. Even Teen Titans was pretty good with a catchy as fuck opening.
The old cartoons were great... and I think everyone has missed out the classic of Looney Tunes. and this classic cartoon:

Oh Looney Tunes, it could NEVER go wrong... EVER!
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down