Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Gear Solid 2

3 posters

Go down

Metal Gear Solid 2 Empty Metal Gear Solid 2

Post  Mozillo Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:50 am

Blarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I'm only writing this through some cut scenes....
Okay, so I started to play MGS 2 yesterday (I have not played the first MGS, could possibly help) and it starts off slow... like about 10 minutes of not touching the controller once...
It is okay, the controls are a bit clunky at times so you'll find yourself falling off a ledge every now and then.
The gameplay itself is actually quite decent, as the stealth is pretty decent in it.
The characters are a bit... um... it's hard to say. I like the main Character, Raiden, simply due to his voice actor... as well as eventually how his story plays out...
Then the rest of the characters don't do much....

The plot is fucking messed up. It makes no sense 90% of the time... it has a lot of Deus Ex Machina in it... but cleverly disguised... but right (SPOILERS) it seems like it's the sort of thing of "EVERYTHING IS A LIE!!!! EVERYTHING SUCK IT RAIDEN! YOU'RE LIFE IS A LIE! EVERYONE YOU KNEW WAS ACTUALLY A COMPUTER PROGRAM!" which is just annoying. It's the sort of thing where you wonder how much of whatever you were talking about is actually real... And like, how it's all just a repeat of basically MGS 1... IT IS A GAME THAT MAKES NO SENSE. (SPOILERS)

Okay, the main problem... the cut scenes...Currently I've spent about 20 minutes and I haven't touched the controller once... this happens... A LOT (it's only about 13 hours of gameplay). The main problem is that the plot is lain on REALLY thick during these mind numbing things... so all you have to do is sort of not pay attention for half a minute and BLAM nothing makes sense for the entire game... I think nearing 25 minutes of SOLID cut scenes... I may finally have a final Boss Battle...
This is one of those games where you have to read the plot summary on Wikipedia to make any sense of anything... I suggest that if anything... will probably make more sense.
Okay it took me 25 minutes until I got to the final boss battle... 25 MINUTES! I didn't actually touch the controller ONCE in that time... AT ALL!
(SPOILERS) okay, so as far as I know... I just killed a guy because this computer program like thing called the Patriots (or are they actually people?) told me to, because the main character's ENTIRE life had turned out to be one big conspiracy about how out of LOADS of people this one guy was chosen to go through this weird thing to try and make people just as good as Solid Snake. So I killed a guy cause a computer program threatened me... I actually thought this series of games was meant to be GOOD... they're SHIT! This is all like "NOTHING IS REALLY REAL! THE GOVERNMENT IS CONTROLLING EVERYTHING!!!! BLAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!" it just doesn't make any sense.... (SPOILERS)
Okay, so sure I'm probably going to at least rent the MGS: Rising game just to see how Raiden managed to go from whatever he is right now... to some crazy Ninja Cyborg that he is in MGS 4... mostly cause you run round chopping up robots with a sword... CHOPPY CHOP CHOP! It's the logic that every game has ever had... how guns are beaten by sword.... EVERY TIME!
Also this game seems to go "Hey you're in a videogame" FAR TOO MUCH! I mean when they were explaining the plot at one point they said, "I bet you'd have preferred a fantasy setting" or "This is just like a role playing game where you have to play your role" etc etc or even near the start... "Go to the nodes" "Did you say nerds?" "No, I said Nodes... not nerds" it's like WTF!? Now all I have to do is watch the final cut scene... currently being 5 minutes long... wow... Credits... okay... so the last cut scene was like 10 minutes long...
I have to play MGS 3 now... woop de fucking doo...
okay... the game took me 13:34:52... the last scenes and credits and scenes after lasted... about 20 minutes....
SPOILERS - BLARRRR That last scene at the end is annoying! The 12 people that are the Patriots the big group that basically run EVERYTHING! Who censor the world and hide all the true facts for the lulz... they've all been dead for 100 years! WTF?! How can the enemy be dead 100 years ago yet still be causing trouble... well I guess it's not too hard to believe... I mean, Liquid Snake died in MGS 1 and due to an arm transplant onto Ocelot... Liquid Snake now possesses the mind of Ocelot... I dunno, it's probably going to turn out to be some other guy they thought was their friend... probably Big Boss... I think Big Boss is evil... all I know about him is that Solid Snake, Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake are ALL clones from him.... cause Big Boss is meant to be like teh best soldier EVAR... or something... you also play as him in MGS 3... I don't want to play it though, I've done my time... SPOILERS
So there you go... my thoughts on roughly the last HOUR of the game... where MOST of it was me sitting on my arse with the controller not even in my hands...

EDIT: Oh, also... O is accept and X is back... unlike nearly every other game EVER where it is the other way around....
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 2

Post  Whillikers Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:41 pm

EDIT: Oh, also... O is accept and X is back... unlike nearly every other game EVER where it is the other way around....

In Japan, this is every game.
Whillikers
Whillikers
Jesus

Number of posts : 2327
Ki : 944
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://applejuicer.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:15 am

In russia game plays you....
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheepkilla Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Chuck Norris beat every videogame. Off topic for the win.
This doesn't seem like a good videogame O;
Sheepkilla
Sheepkilla
MUDKIP, I CHOOSE YOU

Number of posts : 1010
Ki : 926
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down