Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rogue Galaxy PS2

Go down

Rogue Galaxy PS2 Empty Rogue Galaxy PS2

Post  Mozillo Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:53 pm

OK i think this is an awesome game i have it and i have not been able to put it down. I have nearly finished it and it has taken me ages i think i am the final stage but my god is it awesome.

Graphics: 8
The graphics are cell shaded like most of Level 5's stuff they are quite stunning in the normal game play but in the big proper cut scenes they are still cell shaded but they make it look awesome.

Game play: 7
Sure it could be called a button masher but there is still some form of strategy to it so you have to move around and not all monsters die straight away some you need to shoot with a special gun or have to hit it with a charged blow to break its shield before beating the crap out of it. there is also how some items can only be unlocked by making them in the factory and how some of the most powerful weapons can only be found by making them with the power of the synthesizing toad.

Controls: 7
A very distinctive (in my thoughts) of controls. You move your character about normally and can jump when not in battle but when you are in battle you have attack with your sword/main weapon, attack with your gun/sub-weapon, jump, and to bring up the battle menu to either pick what skill they use, what item they use or even what sort of strategy you are going to have them use. Also whilst in battle your people do not do something without asking for your permission first, you will get a small pop up menu at the bottom with 2 options of either 2 skills, 2 items, or 1 item and 1 skill. you then select which one within 5 seconds you have them use with the shoulder buttons but you can ignore it and continue fighting as the timer just ticks down

Storyline: 8
This story line is spectacular, with it altering every chapter but not without leaving the main plot too far, with its major plot twists you will get caught up in this story line.

Single player: 8
It is a single player RPG so it is quite intense from what has already been mentioned

Multi player: 0
There is none.

Overall
I find this is really an essential game for any big RPG fan or someone who enjoyed Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2

Below is a video which could possibly be a spoiler but it shows the awesomeness of the big cutscenes. It switches between fight scenes, normal cutscenes and then the big scenes, watch at your own risk:

Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down