Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What anime do you watch?

+2
BlastedS
DracoRukario
6 posters

:: Okami :: General :: Polls

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What anime do you watch?

What anime do you watch? Vote_lcap6%What anime do you watch? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
What anime do you watch? Vote_lcap18%What anime do you watch? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
What anime do you watch? Vote_lcap0%What anime do you watch? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What anime do you watch? Vote_lcap0%What anime do you watch? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What anime do you watch? Vote_lcap12%What anime do you watch? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
What anime do you watch? Vote_lcap12%What anime do you watch? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
What anime do you watch? Vote_lcap24%What anime do you watch? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
What anime do you watch? Vote_lcap18%What anime do you watch? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 17

What anime do you watch? Empty What anime do you watch?

Post  DracoRukario Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:02 am

Just got into an anime craze after watching some FMA:B again and wanted to know if you guys watch these kinds of shows.

Probably won't be playing MapleStory for a few days as an Evangelion 2.22 download hogs my internet. Neutral

Sorry if I over-post on the forums in the mean time. I really don't have much else to do on the computer as I watch this bar slowly crawl its way to 100%. bounce

Oh and the only other animes I watch are a little of Naruto and Bleach. Already saw Death Note, Gundam Seed Destiny, and some DBZ.
DracoRukario
DracoRukario
Contributor

Number of posts : 88
Ki : 100
Registration date : 2010-05-15

http://semperfortis.zxq.net/

Back to top Go down

What anime do you watch? Empty Re: What anime do you watch?

Post  BlastedS Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:19 am

Avatar =D It's not really THAT much of an anime, more a cartoon I guess... But I love it! bounce
BlastedS
BlastedS
Admin

Number of posts : 1573
Ki : 216
Registration date : 2008-01-09

http://www.kamisamaguild.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DracoRukario Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:38 pm

BlastedS wrote:Avatar =D It's not really THAT much of an anime, more a cartoon I guess... But I love it! bounce

Oh yeah, I used to watch that too! Very Happy Are you going to see the live action movie almost out for it?
DracoRukario
DracoRukario
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  BlastedS Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Dunno, apart from the Final Fantasy series I do prefer action movies with real people and stuff, but for series anime rocks Razz
BlastedS
BlastedS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VorseWarrior Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Currently I´m wathcin K-ON!! (Two exclamation marks --> Second Season Surprised ) I've already seen the first season (K-ON!, One exclamation mark). But I don't have much time to watch 24/7 xD

Here's a list I've seen sofar:
- Shaman King
- School Rumble
- School Rumble Ni Gakki
- School Days (Seriously not recommended, it's just a waste of time)
- Clannad
- Clannad - After Story
- Halfway of Death Note (Planning to start over)
VorseWarrior
VorseWarrior
Legend

Number of posts : 131
Ki : 150
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  DracoRukario Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:18 pm

I don't know if I would want to watch the Airbender Avatar movie. If it'll be anything like that Dragonball movie that I could only bear 5 minutes of, I think I'll pass. Rolling Eyes

VorseWarrior wrote:Here's a list I've seen sofar:
- Shaman King
- School Rumble
- School Rumble Ni Gakki
- Clannad
- Clannad - After Story

So you like sticking to the same stuff and their sequels eh? I actually haven't heard of any of those anime besides Shaman King and Death Note. I was really impressed with DN. Definitely one of the most clever anime/manga ever made. cheers
DracoRukario
DracoRukario
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:29 am

I've watched (Note, I never watch subs unless i have to, which is rare):
Fullmetal Alchemist First thing
Shaman King
Witchblade
Dragonaut
Trigun
Hellsing
Most of Death Note
Please Teacher
Please Twins
a handful of other rom/com shit
Yu-gi-oh
Sailor Moon
Pokemon
DBZ (most of the first stuff)
Cardcaptors
Elemental Gelade
as well as other stuff...
um...
I'm currently watching
Bleach
One Piece (funimation dub)
FMA:BH

I never really noticed how much I've watched... I say I'm not an anime fan...

And loads of others... but I cba to write them, and you probably cba to read them ^.^
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down

Post  VorseWarrior Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm

DracoRukario wrote:I don't know if I would want to watch the Airbender Avatar movie. If it'll be anything like that Dragonball movie that I could only bear 5 minutes of, I think I'll pass. Rolling Eyes

VorseWarrior wrote:Here's a list I've seen sofar:
- Shaman King
- School Rumble
- School Rumble Ni Gakki
- Clannad
- Clannad - After Story

So you like sticking to the same stuff and their sequels eh? I actually haven't heard of any of those anime besides Shaman King and Death Note. I was really impressed with DN. Definitely one of the most clever anime/manga ever made. cheers

Well, I only watch the sequels because the prequels are totally awesome. No point to watch the sequels if the prequels aren´t any good. I would recommand School Rumble and Clannad. They are soooo good. Although, It is a bit of a chick flick: romance, love etc. Razz

Mozillo wrote:I've watched (Note, I never watch subs unless i have to, which is rare):
Fullmetal Alchemist First thing
Shaman King
Witchblade
Dragonaut
Trigun
Hellsing
Most of Death Note
Please Teacher
Please Twins
a handful of other rom/com shit
Yu-gi-oh
Sailor Moon
Pokemon
DBZ (most of the first stuff)
Cardcaptors
Elemental Gelade
as well as other stuff...
um...
I'm currently watching
Bleach
One Piece (funimation dub)
FMA:BH

I never really noticed how much I've watched... I say I'm not an anime fan...

And loads of others... but I cba to write them, and you probably cba to read them ^.^

Really? You never watch subbed? I think the dubbed versions are always fucked up. The voices never match with the character, IMO.

Your list reminds me I've also watched: - Yu-Gi-Oh (As well as the first series as the second serie, and every now and then a few episodes of the third serie)
- Pokémon (Yeah)
- Bakugan Battle Brawlers (LOL, It's not really an anime though, IMO)
- Vampire Hunter (A confusing story)
VorseWarrior
VorseWarrior
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:20 am

Yeah, I think saying you've watched Pokemon is like saying you've breathed in air.... I think anyone about 50 and below has watched at least one episode of pokemon, or at least experienced the AWESOMENESS of pokemon...
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  VorseWarrior Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:28 am

It's a shame the tv network doesn't air Pokémon anymore Sad Only every now and then one episode, but it isn't like in the past when they would air it all the time... Oh man, The good old days
VorseWarrior
VorseWarrior
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheepkilla Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:59 am

They still air Pokemon, but the dumb new ones -.-
Classics were the best!
Sheepkilla
Sheepkilla
MUDKIP, I CHOOSE YOU

Number of posts : 1010
Ki : 926
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DracoRukario Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:56 am

Hahaha Mozillo you watch a ton! I can't even recall really what I've watched throughout my life. And oh yeah Pokemon use to be so good! I remember playing along the series with yellow version and having a lot of fun. What happened though? Did the original creator die or something?! Every new series is just recycled junk that's been thrown over and over at us for years. I didn't mind the Ruby/Sapphire one too much though (having both Ash and the girl as main characters added more interesting stuff to show). Despite how much I protest, you know I'll be buying Black or White Version later this or next year. Rolling Eyes

By the way, anyone else hating the fact that Toonami is dead and Cartoon Network is scrapping all their anime (don't know what adult swim is doing) and replacing it with crumby shows that no one cares about? (Such as Total Drama Island, Chowder, etc and live action crap.) Why are they making real life shows when it's called CARTOON Network?! This is ridiculous. Disney got Naruto and Nickelodeon took Dragonball Kai. Where have all the other shows gone? Suspect
DracoRukario
DracoRukario
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:27 am

I do miss Toonami, we had it in England where most of the stuff on it was crap... but it was still there.... Now we don't have any, except I think Naruto on Disney... sometimes....

Halfway through the ruby/sapphire series pokemon got taken away from 4Kids and then got taken up by Pokemon USA. Shocking isn't it. 4kids actually made the better version.... I don't like the new voices of EVERYONE except when they keep the Japanese voices still... being for things like Pikachu.... Of course I'll still buy Pokemon Black or White.... it may end up with me buying both as I believe they're making it so their not just different with the pokemon in the grass, but also some slight plot stuff... I think (and not just the team names). It comes out in America Spring 2011... so England it may come out either a whole season later, or if it's pokemon maybe just two weeks later like Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

I still look back at the Indigo League series of Pokemon and think it's the golden age... sure the animation was poor, but it was original and new and who Can't say they felt emotional all those times where Ash sacrificed himself for his pokemon... whether it be his pikachu from the attack of Spearow or when Ash got separated from the others saving pikachu and then all his pokemon huddle around him as they hide in the snow cave... Or even, the first film when Ash nearly died because he was turned into stone and ALL the pokemon cried and brought him back.... OH MY GOSH!
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  DracoRukario Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Mozillo wrote:Halfway through the ruby/sapphire series pokemon got taken away from 4Kids and then got taken up by Pokemon USA. Shocking isn't it. 4kids actually made the better version.... I don't like the new voices of EVERYONE except when they keep the Japanese voices still... being for things like Pikachu....

Ahhh so that's what happened! You don't know how long I was racking my brain as to why they replaced the whole cast and ruined everything. That would explain a lot. Sad

I think when that happened I stopped watching regularly.
DracoRukario
DracoRukario
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  BlastedS Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:45 pm

=O Chris I remember the snow cave! It must have been like 5 years ago when I last watched a pokémon episode..
BlastedS
BlastedS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DracoRukario Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:16 am

Wow. There's a lot of FMA:B and Bleach watchers out there (well, by a lot I mean 2 other people besides me Razz ). Just wondering who those were. Brotherhood is my favorite anime. Very Happy

Or, is there a way I can see who voted on what?
DracoRukario
DracoRukario
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Whillikers Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Well seeing as how FMA is pretty much the only anime I've ever watched, you can be sure one of those votes is mine for Brotherhood.

Although I disagree with calling the original series crap Razz
Whillikers
Whillikers
Jesus

Number of posts : 2327
Ki : 944
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://applejuicer.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DracoRukario Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Whillikers wrote:Well seeing as how FMA is pretty much the only anime I've ever watched, you can be sure one of those votes is mine for Brotherhood.

Although I disagree with calling the original series crap Razz

Okay I'm sorry. It's just that I can't stand anime directors who get conceited enough to change up the whole plot and characters thinking it will be oh so much better than the manga (like Hollywood and books). I didn't watch the whole thing of the first series, but I hate talking to people who have only seen that and nothing else of FMA. Like when I was telling my friend that I really liked Wrath and Pride, and then we got on this whole mix up because he was thinking about those made up characters. So even though he has starting watching Brotherhood, the other series has left an imprint on him and I can barely talk to him about FMA without constantly reminding him what characters and events I'm really talking about. Happens to a lot of people, actually. Rolling Eyes

If you liked it, I apologize. That was rude of me. For each his own. Smile
DracoRukario
DracoRukario
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:03 am

I think the only reason they made a different FMA anime was originally I assume the manga got very good response so there was a cry for an anime, although the manga only comes out once a month, so instead of having VERY slow episodes released like monthly, it was easier to make a simple story and release it whilst they got a good amount of manga story released.
The story isn't bad, I think the story is pretty decent, it starts out pretty much the same as the Manga (being why they didn't have some of the starting Manga stuff in Brotherhood) but it then took a different spin, I still think the ending is fairly emotional and very shocking.
So yeah, you can easily see the other FMA one is me! (if you hadn't noticed from the list I put up earlier as well)
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  DracoRukario Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:59 am

Mozillo wrote:I think the only reason they made a different FMA anime was originally I assume the manga got very good response so there was a cry for an anime, although the manga only comes out once a month, so instead of having VERY slow episodes released like monthly, it was easier to make a simple story and release it whilst they got a good amount of manga story released.
The story isn't bad, I think the story is pretty decent, it starts out pretty much the same as the Manga (being why they didn't have some of the starting Manga stuff in Brotherhood) but it then took a different spin, I still think the ending is fairly emotional and very shocking.
So yeah, you can easily see the other FMA one is me! (if you hadn't noticed from the list I put up earlier as well)

Oh yeah I forgot about that... but I still wonder why they switched around the Homunculi's names. I mean, even if the manga hadn't quite introduced them yet, the director of it must have had a story board drawn out so that the anime director could at least have the characters themselves somewhat consistent.

What do you think Brotherhood is going to do when they catch up with the manga? They're only about 2 or 4 episodes away from where it was left hanging, right? I guess they would have to take a break for a couple months or a year to let it end first, or just have extremely slow releases.
DracoRukario
DracoRukario
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:55 am

I THINK the manga is starting to come to an end (Sad) So... maybe June's chapter will be the last.... and they both end Practically the same time, from what I've read on Wiki just now.... yeah, it seems like the anime is only going to June the 27th, with an Episode called "The Other Side of the Door" so that either means, that will be the end OR it'll be the start of something else, or maybe a few more episodes/chapters... maybe a film....
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  DracoRukario Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:53 am

Oooh I wonder how they will end it. I mean, it looked like there was still a lot of fighting to finish off with Father and not to mention Al still needs his body back. He got it in the original series, didn't he? Not to ask for spoilers or anything... I was just wondering how they're going to pull all this off in a couple more chapters/episodes. I hope it ends good. Very Happy
DracoRukario
DracoRukario
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:54 pm

It's pretty epic so far! I'm still waiting on the June Chapter to come out D:
But yeah, it is pretty pimping!
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Whillikers Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Well I think Pride was mixed up in the original because there had been no mention of Selim being a homunculus in the manga at that point.

I don't know why Wrath was mixed up, who knows...

Yeah, I do prefer the Brotherhood series, but I wouldn't diss the original so quickly because it was made without the manga to go by.

It was a quality anime. Smile
Whillikers
Whillikers
Jesus

Number of posts : 2327
Ki : 944
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://applejuicer.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:24 pm

The final Chapter of FMA was released onto the internet today. It was 112 Pages long (compared to the chapters about half the size....) All I can say about it, without spoilers, is this quote of myself from my twitter feed, "OMG!!! THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! I'M NEARLY IN TEARS! FUCK IT! I AM IN TEARS!!!!!! OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!!"
It. Was. Awesome.
I'm sad it's gone, well not yet... I gotta wait for the dubs to reach the end xD
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next