Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The /b/tard way

+3
Sheepkilla
BlastedS
MM_Addict
7 posters

:: Okami :: General :: Random /f13/

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The /b/tard way - Page 2 Empty Re: The /b/tard way

Post  Kamatari Fri May 22, 2009 5:47 pm

oO I don't think anyone said anything about disproving you because the calculator or a teacher said it wasn't possible...

Rob- don't get too excited over it. I still have to take the class over again... I didn't score very high on my tests. (74, 48,48, 3x) I thought the final was pretty easy compared to the tests, but still didn't do well enough to pass... (anything below a "C" is not passing)
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Number of posts : 1901
Ki : 526
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Fri May 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Yeah I know, but this isnt the first time I've presented my assumptions.
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Number of posts : 1166
Ki : 574
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Solent Fri May 22, 2009 7:17 pm

you guys all done like l'hopitals rule etc. too?

We defo don't do that at GCSE level or A-level here....or do we, *looks at chris*

I like the attitude you have on the matter though sean, i get pretty bored of listening to what academics have to say, as far as they're concerned everything has already been discovered and we're simply in a process of filing them into categories. which is ****ing boring logic.

Reckon you ought to be looking at taking physics at a high level!

strange things have happened in the physics world Razz
Solent
Solent
Team Mabrox Member
Team Mabrox Member

Number of posts : 1507
Ki : 10219

http://kamisama.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Fri May 22, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm planning to do astrophysics actually Very Happy Get some swanky manager position in a research lab so I can fund my evil experiments and plot for world domination from the underground lab i am already building shit because the pay is good.
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Fri May 22, 2009 8:22 pm

cool... Teach me physics plz!!

I'm scared cuz I have to take physics w/ calc but I don't really know physics!!! (I can sort of do calc)
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Fri May 22, 2009 9:03 pm

I dunno your course is probably very different to mine, a lot of physics books you can buy here say not for sale in north america in big letters 0_0
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Fri May 22, 2009 9:05 pm

wow... I wonder why?
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Solent Fri May 22, 2009 9:33 pm

well why dont we start a new topic just for you beth--->
Solent
Solent
Team Mabrox Member
Team Mabrox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Sat May 23, 2009 12:13 am

Hmmm, Well.... I r tired... As far as I know, we haven't learned any of this in GCSEs... Most of it is just logic... However Sean, that whole Zero Point thingy la doodle.... I would believe it to be just a theory, like the Big Bang, Evolution (even though that is fucking true as I have two eyes *counts* yeah!) the Higgs Boson and such like things... So it may not be true.
I think Academics don't think we have found everything, there is so much that we haven't found and they we are spending lots of money on research (LHC... Mars etc) but hey... I seem to live in a cave, maybe we solved everything...
I only said the whole 2=1 thing jokingly, due to a video on youtube in which it uses simple algebra to cover up the fact of dividing by 0... the bad thing is, not many people actually notice when I show it to them (at least not in my Maths Class...)
I think I was going to say something, I forgot, blah blah blah, 20 dice rolls and Gambit Chances... trippy... I have very limited knowledge of all of this.... due to me being about 3 or 2 (2.5) years younger than the rest of you.... not a large gap and not a BIG gap of education missed
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down

Post  Solent Sat May 23, 2009 1:14 am

Mozillo wrote:Hmmm, Well.... I r tired... As far as I know, we haven't learned any of this in GCSEs... Most of it is just logic... However Sean, that whole Zero Point thingy la doodle.... I would believe it to be just a theory, like the Big Bang, Evolution (even though that is fucking true as I have two eyes *counts* yeah!) the Higgs Boson and such like things... So it may not be true.
I think Academics don't think we have found everything, there is so much that we haven't found and they we are spending lots of money on research (LHC... Mars etc) but hey... I seem to live in a cave, maybe we solved everything...
I only said the whole 2=1 thing jokingly, due to a video on youtube in which it uses simple algebra to cover up the fact of dividing by 0... the bad thing is, not many people actually notice when I show it to them (at least not in my Maths Class...)
I think I was going to say something, I forgot, blah blah blah, 20 dice rolls and Gambit Chances... trippy... I have very limited knowledge of all of this.... due to me being about 3 or 2 (2.5) years younger than the rest of you.... not a large gap and not a BIG gap of education missed

yea i'm what 4 years ahead of you? in british education that's probably about 1 year in ireland and america? hahaha

but i think we as a generation have a pretty decent grip on physics as it is.

Yea i brought up the bit about academics, because i noticed an article in the london paper about funding being cut for explorative geographers in favour of academia and focused research on small areas.

=no more livingstones in the near future!

another thing i saw in the news today, if you're aged 12, you are elgible to become a space goer to mars! lal alien
Solent
Solent
Team Mabrox Member
Team Mabrox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Sat May 23, 2009 1:28 am

It would take soooo long to get to mars, I think you would need to start a family to get people there and back... however, that would cause a disformation of children, lack of muslce on the children... and inbreeding...
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Sat May 23, 2009 4:25 am

I thought it would only take like 8 years to get their with our technology, infact the main reason I think they havent gone there yet is because if you sent a craft now that would take 8 years to get there,two years later you might find some new technology to get there in 2, which would seriously piss off the first crew as the second went speeding by =P. Also you'd need a self sustaining eco system etc cause mars atm is an uninhabitable wasteland as far as humans go.
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Sat May 23, 2009 9:13 am

Indeed, the other problem with sending people, is that you need more fuel due to a larger craft, you need however long (and back)'s worth of food adding more weight so more fuel. It is also mostly the whole fuel thing...
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Sat May 23, 2009 6:10 pm

fuels not actually that big of a problem really, one of the first failed moon missions lost nearl all of their fuel not even half way to the moon but because there was no friction they let out one blast which propelled them towards the moon and cut off the fuel they glided to the moon caught a ride in it's garvitational pull and let off another blast when they got around to the other side. Sure it took longer but it works.
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Sat May 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Haven't scientists found evidence of what might once have been water on Mars?
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Sun May 24, 2009 1:23 am

Yes. they have...
Sean, Mars is MUCH further away that the moon... it isn't a quick hop like the moon.... Something that we may never do is get to planets beyond mars... this is mostly due to that belt of asteroids.... chances are human vesels (being bigger than probes) are easier to get smashed and stuff....
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheepkilla Sun May 24, 2009 4:40 am

Well If you've looked at some ancient structures. ex. pyramid, the Myans, etc. You'll see that some of this architecture is even impossible to make with modern technology. If you ask me, we humans had help. If that help was from aliens, I wouldn't be surprised that in another 500 years or more, aliens will give us the technology to teleport through space! Then again, some of this stuff is biased. All of those alien shows that show humans seeing actual UFO's on Earth is fake......

For what reason did the Mayans leave their empire? Did they leave Earth into space?
We may never know.
Sheepkilla
Sheepkilla
MUDKIP, I CHOOSE YOU

Number of posts : 1010
Ki : 926
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Sun May 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Mozillo wrote:Yes. they have...
Sean, Mars is MUCH further away that the moon... it isn't a quick hop like the moon.... Something that we may never do is get to planets beyond mars... this is mostly due to that belt of asteroids.... chances are human vesels (being bigger than probes) are easier to get smashed and stuff....

0_o chris what are you talking about, I never ever said it is easy to get to mars, but by calculations you can use the same amount of fuel that they used to get to the moon, you just wont get there very fast, F=ma etc. Chris right now it would take a good few years of travel to get to mars, but that doesnt mean people arent up for that infact i nasa and esa right now they are doing endurance tests to see how the astronauts/cosmonauts would react to the conditions they would experience going to mars. Theres just no profit to be gained from a manned mission to mars tbh, only glory. If some trillionaire wants to fund the mission so he can be the first man on mars thats the only way I can see it happening in the next 10 years. We'll probably get there around 2030 no matter why.
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Solent Sun May 24, 2009 9:04 pm

what yous talking bout, if we can just drag mars back to earth, we'll have lots to manufacture food from--->mars bars

Though the moon would be a better target being made of cheese, after that we can pinch other moons from other planets, who are greedy and have more than one, following that we can eat the milky way, and following that we eat pluto....yes eat a cartoon dog planet.

Random section ftw
Solent
Solent
Team Mabrox Member
Team Mabrox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Sun May 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Yeah and think of the money we could make by harvesting mercury, We'd want to steer clear of uranus though rob, nothing good could possibly come from going there.
WindDrake
WindDrake
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamatari Sun May 24, 2009 10:11 pm

oO

ok whatever...

I think we should all just stay here as we are, unless we want to end up like Wall-e. (Movie = SO CUTE I thought it was gonna be dumb, but it was really cute!!!)
Kamatari
Kamatari
Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Mon May 25, 2009 9:15 am

We'd have to be careful with Mercury... it is high toxic...
To get to any of these we'd have to get a ship past the giant space monster squid thing that lives in the universe' underpants.

PLUS Wall-E was the greatest film EVAR! It even has that sort of bit that all kids films have that kids don't understand but the older ones are on the verge of tears (when he nearly dies trying to save everyone) plus it was the sort of tfilm that was not JUST aimed at kids, it also has a lot (if not more) humour aimed at older audiences howver, this was slightly harder due to teh lack of speaking for most of the film (which was fine)

Whilst writing this I lost the game....
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  WindDrake Tue May 26, 2009 12:22 am

AWWW SHIT!!! pale