Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Gelade ~ A review.

2 posters

Go down

Elemental Gelade ~ A review. Empty Elemental Gelade ~ A review.

Post  Mozillo Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Well, this is going to be different.
Spoiler free... in my eyes.

Overview:
Well, the plot follows Ku and Ren (as well as others) as they make their way to Adel Garden (I think that is how they spell it). They face many problems and I guess I'd categorise it AS, Action Rom-com... It is set in the MAGICAL world of Guardia which you'll be told all the time... There are fights with giant weapons that look cool and stuff...

Plot 9/10:~ The episodes do kinda flow into each other, but to a point... so really about every 2-3 episodes will be a plot line, or longer.

Mood, 9/10:~ Well, the mood of the Anime changes often. This isn't bad though. It isn't like a sudden change from "AWWWW LOOK AT THE SICK DYING PUPPY!!!" To "LOL HE JUST TRIPPED ON THE DEAD PUPPY AND NOW HAS CAKE ON HIS FACE!" (doesn't happen). There is a lot of sexual tension... or romantic tension? The comedy in parts is FUCKING hilarious, whilst involving said tension. There are some pretty sad parts which normally lightly fuse to the next scene.

Characters 8/10:~ The characters are well rounded enough for there not to be any MAJOR flaws. The main characters are well portrayed and have a slight underline of teenage awkward romance, which really means you can sort of relate to them. The support characters around them are pretty good. The main support ones are mostly their for a slight bit of Comic relief... but they still have their serious moments. They too are well rounded. The villains are really the slight let down because they have the slight sense of evil because they can... but then it also raises the question of, "Who is the real villain? Those people, or the people that are meant to protect? Or even the humans?" yeah, it is quite good.

Music 8/10:~ The music is mostly the sort of orchestral music, apart from the opening which is a bit more... RAVE. It has mostly light strings and stuff... Not much "rock" or electric power chords...

Style 8/10:~ The drawing style isn't very different. It does have a bad case of "Anime Hair" syndrome... but then it is rarely noticed. Some of the time.

Overall 8.4/10:~ I'd give it more, but the music and lack of difinitve art style mathematically let it down. This is still one of my favourite series EVER. It is short so easy to watch a lot. Plus you can easily relate to characters and some bits are even, "Kawaii". The comedy and stuff is pretty insane and the plot really works. Especially around near the end when it gets... dramatic...

I'd suggest the english Dubs, but that is purely dependant on how much emotion and stuff you can get from subs. I find there is a better sense in the dubs.
(I'd give it a 9 or more)

I can't find the shortened opening (probably due to SILLY copyright issues) and I can't even show you a part 1 of 3 of some of the stuff on Youtube (look for it on Veoh, if you're interested) so I'll have the full song...

Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down

Elemental Gelade ~ A review. Empty Re: Elemental Gelade ~ A review.

Post  Sheepkilla Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Sounds pretty cool Chris! But I'm afraid I won't have enough time to watch Bleach and this show due to some upcoming stuff..
Sheepkilla
Sheepkilla
MUDKIP, I CHOOSE YOU

Number of posts : 1010
Ki : 926
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mozillo Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 am

It would take less than 12 hours of viewing...
Mozillo
Mozillo
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 4235
Ki : 1743
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://www.youtube.com/MozilloGames

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheepkilla Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:21 am

Still I don't really feel like watching it currently =[.
Sheepkilla
Sheepkilla
MUDKIP, I CHOOSE YOU

Number of posts : 1010
Ki : 926
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down